Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The best potty seats




This one was chosen from my personal experiences with potty training. I have 2 kids and they both preferred these free standing seats that are just their size. My daughter is doing great on hers and as you can see from the picture is decorated in her success stickers.

They need motivation, and kids love stickers in fact, it often seems as if they can never have enough. Grandma sends my kids stickers all the time, and they use them up in a matter of minutes, sticking them everywhere.

So I bought a package of like over 300 stickers so I would have plenty, and everytime she went potty, or at least sat on it, she got a sticker. And if you think that is a bad habit to break (expecting something everytime you use the potty) I just stopped giving them to her when she just picked up on it and started going on her own and she never missed it. She still gets stickers unrelated to using the potty now, she just knows that she is a big girl.

Now I know they sell those potty seats that go over an adult toilet. I bought a dora one for my girl and guess what? she never uses it. She is too afraid she is going to fall in. So then, what do you do when you are out shopping, etc?

It has been a challenge. The top of the potty seat in the picture comes off. It is bulky, but I put it in a sporty bag and take it everywhere with me, or she will explode, because she refused to use those big potty's without it! I have seen her on the verge of exploding...not pretty. now that I bring a seat she can fit on, I don't have as much problem getting her to go when we are out.

I am however, looking for a new alternative. I just didn't know where I could find one until I found one this morning. It is a portable (it folds up to fit in your purse!) potty seat. Fits on an adult seat and it comes in different designs. I am bidding on one as we speak because it would be way more convenient than carrying her big seat around everywhere. If you wanna check them out too and see what I'm talking about, click here.

No comments:

Compare and save

Play these games Now-FREE

Play Sonic the Hedgehog now, free!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Free Counter